We are seeking a lawyer with a minimum of three years’ experience to join our Family Law practice.
You will work as part of an established team with extensive experience in matters from cohabitation agreements to marriage contracts to separation and custody agreements. Where court proceedings cannot reasonably be avoided, you will represent our clients in all aspects of family litigation including applications for divorce, division of matrimonial property, custody of children, maintenance and support, paternity, and variation of existing orders.
This position requires a high level of professionalism as well as experience in conflict resolution, mixed with empathy for our clients during highly emotional proceedings.
- Member in good standing of a provincial bar society and/or eligible for membership in the Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in Family Law.
- Well-developed communication, advocacy, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven development of strong client relationships and ability to attract new clients.
- A high degree of professionalism and a collaborative spirit are required.
We are proud to put our people first, and we take pride in our promotion and support of a healthy work-life balance, as well a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are also committed to the continued development of the knowledge and expertise of our lawyers, building on their strengths and growth for the future through education and mentorship opportunities.
This position is located in Elmsdale, Nova Scotia. We offer the balance of a busy medium-sized firm with the slower day-to-day life of a small Maritime town, with many opportunities to be a contributing part of the community. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, and a fitness allowance.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please direct your cover letter and resume in confidence to L. Hyndman by email at email@example.com.