Burchell MacDougall LLP is seeking a legal assistant with a minimum of three years’ experience to join our Litigation practice.
You will work as part of an established team in a fast-paced practice. This role includes preparing correspondence and legal documents, communicating in a professional manner with clients, and various outside agencies and offices, preparing legal accounts, and calendar maintenance, scheduling and organizing and providing support to the assigned lawyer.
- Completion of paralegal educational program.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in litigation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision and take initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Willingness to learn and contribute to the team.
We are proud to put our people first, and we take pride in our promotion and support of a healthy work-life balance, as well as a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are also committed to the continued development of the knowledge and expertise of our staff, building on their strengths and growth for the future through education and mentorship opportunities.
This position is located at our office in Truro, Nova Scotia. We offer the balance of a busy medium-sized firm with the slower day-to-day life of a small Maritime town with many opportunities to be a contributing part of the community. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, and a fitness allowance.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been looking for, please direct your cover letter and resume in confidence to L. Hyndman by email at email@example.com.